Heard of the Cleaner Heat Cashback scheme? If you’re a small to medium sized business (SME) based in London, this is something for you! The Mayor of London is funding an offering that will enable SMEs to claim 30 to 40 percent cashback when replacing an older, inefficient heating system with a new, cleaner one. The scheme is part of Sadiq Khan’s £10 million initiative to improve the capital’s air quality.
In terms of benefits; other than a new heating system (that’ll cost you less) and a saving of up to 25 per cent on energy bills, you’ll be doing your bit to help improve London’s air quality and also contributing towards meeting the Mayor’s ambition of a zero carbon city by 2050, through a smaller carbon footprint.
Some interesting environmental facts (just to spur you on) in relation the pollution happening in London:
- 7 per cent of London’s NOx (Nitrous Oxide) emissions are the result of commercial gas consumption.
- 40 per cent of carbon emissions in London come from non-domestic buildings.
- 187 air quality focus areas across London show high levels of air pollution.
As well as reduce harmful gas emissions, the Mayor’s scheme aims to boost commercial energy efficiency across the capital.
The Mayor recognises London’s air quality as a public health crisis. It is estimated that thousands of Lndoners are dying every year from long-term exposure to pollution. In 2010, London air pollution was linked to 3,000 hospital admissions and the economic cost of these health impacts is estimated as being up to £3.7 billion per year.
To find out if your SME is eligible for the cashback scheme, CLICK HERE and do note that the initiative operates on a first come, first-served basis. To apply, you will need to provide:
- Your business details
- Information about your current heating system
- Details about your proposed heating system replacement
- Two quotes from manufacturer-approved installers
- Copies of your fuel bills.
CLICK HERE to make an application.
For all your energy related questions or to find out what new heating system might be best suited to your SME, feel free to contact the CH Systems team on 0208 302 8149 or email@example.com.