CH Systems has been involved in Project Dragonfly, down in Erith, and we recently completed the installation of all pipework in the fourth Ocado Customer Fulfilment centre. The warehouse sits on a circa 40 acre site close to the River Thames. The warehouse unit when complete will have 560,000 sq ft of distribution space with offices totalling 27,857 sq ft. The warehouse unit will have 72 dock and 16 level access doors, and room for 326 cars and 287 HGVs.
Within the scope of works we carried out the following:
- Boiler and plant room pipework installation including 2no Ideal Imax Xtra floor standing condensing boilers and 2no Andrews MAXXflo gas fired water heaters.
- Within the plant room there was also 4no Air Handling Units which were fed off the heating circuit.
- All of the heating pipework was installed in Low Carbon Steel Mapress all the way to 108mm OD in excess of 1200 meters.
- All of the domestic pipework over 2000 meters was installed in Copper Mapress up to and including 54mm.
- All the second fix of 60 toilets, 6 showers, numerous hand wash basins and 4 squatting toilets.
- Over 450 meters of Geberit HDPE soil pipe was installed to serve all the waste outlets on site.
Once again we received a large amount of project support from our suppliers, including BSS and Smith Brothers Stores, as well as Geberit who supplied all the pipe fittings across the project.
In summary this was the largest project we have completed to date, and we’d like to thank our team of fitters, as well as the upstream management for their hard work, ensuring this all ran smoothly.
If you’d like further information on our involvement with Project Dragonfly, feel free to contact the CH Systems team on 0208 302 8149 or email@example.com.